HOW CAN YOU MAINTAIN GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE ?
Intimate hygiene in women: the intimate area is made up of very sensitive tissues. Bad habits can lead to an imbalance of the protective flora of the vulvar and vaginal environments. These bad habits can be poor hygiene, excessive hygiene or the use of unsuitable products that can cause irritation or promote infections. This is why it is important to have good intimate hygiene on a daily basis and to use a suitable product.
During periods of inconvenience (itching, fungal infections, etc.), it is important to have appropriate intimate hygiene, in addition to any treatment prescribed by your doctor.
How to maintain good personal hygiene? What are the right daily gestures during personal hygiene ?
- Practice at most 2 intimate toilets daily in the morning and in the evening, the excess of hygiene can maintain irritations.
- Ban douching. Even showers with clear water.
- Rinse well after personal hygiene.
- Dry yourself carefully.
- Apply a soothing treatment if necessary.
- Avoid antiseptic products and prefer gentle cleansing care without soap.
- Wash with bare hands, the washcloth being a veritable nest of germs.
- Change underwear daily and prefer cotton ones rather than synthetic or silk fabrics.
- Avoid clothing that is too tight which can cause chafing.
- Change periodic protection regularly during menstruation.
- In case of intimate inconvenience, do not hesitate to consult your doctor
Infectiologist / Medical Director Institut Fournier