BATHING YOUR BABY
When bathing your baby, an appropriate personal hygiene routine will help prevent irritation, redness and dryness for their skin.
Here are our tips for a suitable bath and temperatures for your baby:
- Cleanse their skin once a day, ideally in the evening, as a bath has calming qualities to help your baby get to sleep.
- The temperature of the bath (or shower) water should be between 35 and 37°C.
- Heat the bathroom to 22-24°C.
- The bath should last no longer than 15 minutes.
- Do not use ordinary soap, which could cause skin irritation and dryness.
- After bathing, dry their skin carefully, including skin folds, to prevent any irritation.